Stuffing is a vital side dish in any Thanksgiving meal. Whether you’re actually putting it in the bird, or making it in the oven, this specific stuffing is so delicious and truly tastes like Thanksgiving.
Tip: You can make stuffing 1 day ahead of time and throw into the oven the day of. However, stuff the bird on day of cooking. Bake remaining stuffing in the oven.
- 1 apple, diced
- 5-7 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Italian parsley
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 container of finely grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1 Lb package of ground beef
- 1 Lb of Jimmy Dean sausage meat, thawed (comes in a roll, sometimes in freezer section)
- 1 package of Pepperidge Farm classic bread stuffing
- Salt & Pepper
Prep: Dice/chop the apple, the celery, and the onion before you start cooking the meat. Separate them into bowls so you can add them as needed.
- Brown the ground beef and apple together in a large frying pan. Season with a dash of salt and pepper. Drain and set aside. In a separate pan, sauté the onion and celery together with butter.
- In the same pan, cook the sausage until brown, and add back the beef mixture. Add the egg, cheese, parsley, and salt & pepper. Add the onion and celery to the meat mixture.
- Make the bread stuffing according to the back of the package, with butter and water in the pot (no need to add the onion and celery, as it’s already in the meat mixture)
- Transfer the bread mixture and the meat mixture to a large foil baling pan, and mix together thoroughly. Season to taste. Optional: sprinkle top with Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- If ready to make, bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until warmed through and golden.